Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Serious Wednesday: Passionate Writing--When the Light Hits!

2019 was a tough year for me as far as writing is considered. I struggled with coming up with ideas, plots and how to proceed, no matter how many times I  brainstormed with myself or other writing friends.

The problem?

  • Too many things going on in my life. When you get so busy, you fail to accomplish some goals. There's no way to do everything. Sometimes something has to give.
  • Taking on a project that seemed bigger than life. Especially one that, at times, I didn't know how to do or even want to. 
The solution:
  • Adjust your life goals. Sometimes shorter is better. It seems more attainable. You can always add more as your list grows shorter.
  • Evaluate what you really want to do, what you feel you should do, and what is important to you. Once you have the answer to these things, it will be much more satisfying to make your list of goals. 
For me, 2020 dawned new and bright. The discouragement and stress from 2019 evaporated. I was able to begin focusing on what I wanted to do, what I needed to do and how to go about it.  

Late one night right before I fell asleep, ideas popped into my head. Perhaps through the turmoil of the past year, they'd been percolating inside my brain, waiting for the right moment, the time to reveal themselves.

I felt invigorated and inspired to write. Eager to write, thrilled that the hated blockage of writing ideas had disappeared. 

In the days following, I've been hard at it, with a plan, to follow through and continue to labor toward my goals. 

What does it take to break through a rough patch of writing? I can give you answers, but sometimes none of those will do the trick. 

I think, at times, the brain and body need a break. Maybe there were things going on I'll never realize or know. And that's okay. For now.

Let me tell you one thing. I hope I never have such an uninspiring writing year as 2019. 

Here's to a goal-driven, prosperous and successful year of writing! 

For sure! 

Happy writing, authors!


No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...