Friday, January 17, 2020

Rambling Friday: A Kind Word

Oh, my, what's better than a kind word spoken or a gentle act of love to cheer the heart?

I was in the checkout line at Wal-mart the other day, and when I got ready to leave, I looked at the clerk and said, "You have a nice day."

She glanced at me, a bit of surprise on her face. Her lips widened in a smile and she said something like this: "Thank you. You are always so nice."

I'm not totally sure how it affected her, if she cared, or even if she needed the words of kindness. But, oh, they affected me. My own words. And her answer. From a drab day to a day that's like:



a fire sparkler sky,






An anchor is a storm-driven sea,








A ride on an old bicycle on a summer day,







Sunshine on a forest path after a week of rain,






Mustard seeds at the local grocery, reminding us to have faith.




Faith in ourselves, our kind words, our fellowman, our God.

We sure won't go wrong with those! 

Happy day! 

2 comments:

Arlene said...

To speak kind words and our action of kindness sure does go a long ways.

Caroline said...

Thank you, sweet Arlene. I so appreciate your faithfulness in reading my blog.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...