Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday Morning Sunshine: A Burst of Poetry

January brings the snow,
Makes our feet and fingers glow...
--Mother Goose

Winter: slippy, drippy, nippy.
--Mother Goose

Lighter than thistledown
Blown by a fairy,
Fine flakes of snow fall through
Space gray and airy. 
Whiter than lily that
Blows sweet in summer,
This first snow of winter,
This gentle newcomer.
--Ivy O. Eastwick

The fenceposts wear marshmallow hats
On a snowy day;
Bushes in their nightgowns
Are kneeling down to pray--
And all the trees have silver skirts
And want to dance away.
--Dorothy Aldis

Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it odd
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of east wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles to go before I sleep.
--Robert Frost.

Happy Winter!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...