Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Mothers


Strength and honor are her clothing;
and she shall rejoice in time to come.
--Proverbs


My mother:
My friend, my christian leader, my confidant

To My Boys:

Who is this little person...
Who's looking more and more like Day,
tries to frustrate till I'm mad,
Then smiles and makes me glad.

Who is this little boy...
Who grows freckles on his nose,
loves to wear his oldest clothes,
and takes his dog where 'ere he goes?

Who is this tiny creature...
Who questions me with lots of "whys?"
looks at the world with big, clear eyes,
Rides his bike and pretends he flies.

Who is this tiny man...
That I tuck in bed at night,
That I love with all my might,
And give him hugs that are so tight.
--Author Carole Brown

(Copyrighted: must have permission to reprint)

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...