Friday, September 18, 2020

Rambling Friday: Friends

 74 Inspiring Friendship Quotes


I've been thinking of two of my best friends: Jamin and Sharon, and what they mean to me. So those thoughts led me to this:

What are the three types of friendship according to Aristotle?

  • A friendship of utility: it exists between you and someone who is useful to you in some way.
  • A friendship of pleasure: which exists between you and someone whose company you enjoy.
  • A friendship of the good:  this is based on mutual respect and admiration.
In my estimation, all three are good and beneficial to life. 
Now which category do my two best friends fit into? 

All of them! 
  • Sharon and Jamin are both useful to me, as I hope I am to them in one way or another. We all love to write, we share our work, we share suggestions, critiques and thoughts about our writing. We can talk of other things too when we need to.
  • We can giggle and laugh, talk seriously or not at all for days at a time, but when we do, it's sisterly and friendly.
  • I know I certainly do respect and admire them, and I believe they do me. 

  • A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.


  • If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.


  •  
  • The scripture says:
  • Jesus is a friend who sticks closer than a brother! 









No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...