Friday, October 25, 2019

Rambling Fridays: Birthday Blessings

Well, it's here. Shhh! Another birthday has arrived. Another year older. I surely don't feel older
although the years might just show up on me. :)

But as one famous person phrased it: I'm not ashamed of every wrinkle. I earned it and want to spend the rest of my years, however long or short, enjoying what I've learned, remembering all the good times. 

And after saying all that, I realize how blest I am.

Besides the privilege still being alive, I'm thankful for:

* All the experiences we've had. In all of our ministry and travel, we've seen so much of our country, enjoyed the memories we've made together (my hubby and I and our boys and grandboys). We've been to more than 3/4 of the states and a few countries, and feel truly privileged to be able to share them together.

* Having a wonderful, patient with me, loving and caring husband. He's the best: a hard worker surprises me with nice notes, cards, flowers, gifts and even a clasped hand or smile that still melts my heart.







*  Two ornery, stinking-cute, adorable sons. Were they irritating at times? Oh, yes! Have they always done what I wanted them to do? Nope, but they're mine while on earth and mean the world to me.

*  One of the best blessings I've ever had was the gift of grandchildren. I longed for them so much and feared it would never come to pass, then God gave me three wonderful grandboys. My heart overflows with gratitude.









* Last, but definitely not least, is the privilege I have of loving and serving my God. He's been a wonderful Savior, a comforter, my strength, my hope, my ever-present help.

These are just a few reasons I'm thankful today. These are some of the best gifts I've been given in my life. This list is a very good reason to thank God for His love and generosity to me.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...