Friday, December 22, 2006

The Fascinating Stars

What do they mean?

I don't know. But here's some thoughts:

A star on the door in the backstage area of a theater means an important player prepares for the stage in that room. They're allowed privacy with that room. They don't have to reveal nervousness or bad habits to the public when in that room. It's a desirable isolation that provides quiet and peace to that person.

How does that speak to me? Well, I think I need a star on my heart's door to remind me to take the time, or extra, to get away from every earthy thing and spend time with my creator. Quiet, peaceful time. Time that renews my spirit.

God sent a special star (the Bible says so!) to the Wise Men of the East when they sought the baby Jesus to worship Him. It was a mystical wonder, both in those early days, and today. When we read or listen to the beautiful Nativity story the star is a wondrous delight, something so magical--and yet God-given--that we can relate to it. God wanted the Wise Men to know where this Christ-child was. He did all He could to help them. He wants us to know about this same Jesus today so He had the story recorded for history in his holy Book.

Sceptics and scientists try to figure out where and how the star came to be. Logical-sounding explanations are created and recorded. But it doesn't matter. To me. We know, those of us who believe, that the Star was there. God sent it for mankind. For the Wise Men Kings and for me.

I didn't see that long-ago star. I wish I had. But I see the stars today, and because he created them just the same as He created that beautiful guiding star, I can worship the God of heaven and of my heart. I believe in yesterday's Star. And I believe in Jesus the Star of my heart.

Thank you, God, for the fascinating, beautiful stars.
Thank you for your long ago gift to us-Jesus, the best star of all--that is so up-to-date today.

Merry Christmas. Talk to you next week!


This hint is for YOU. You've been busy doing for others, buying, baking, and cleaning. Now that Christmas is almost here, and soon over, take some time afterwards to relax! If you're into crafts and do-it-yourself items, this will prove fun and interesting. And enjoyable!

Mix:
* Plain rock salt--the bigger the better. Looks beautiful and cleanses the skin more effectively.
* Add herbs (your choice)--lavender, lemongrass, chamomile (or dried flowers: roses, daisies, etc.). The more you use the more fragrant the mixture will be.
* Optional--your favorite perfume or essential oils. This will add even more depth when released in hot water.

Place all in a pretty jar or bottle.




Quote:

God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith; the warmth of Christmas, which is love . . .the all of Christmas, which is Christ. --Wilda English

"For unto us is born, to us a son is given, and the government shall be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."


Blessings on you and may the peace of God reign in your hearts!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...