Thursday, January 11, 2007

And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street!


Didn't see any elephants (except my collection of them) or parades, but I did see . . .

A bear on the side of the road,
A lost shepherd dog late last night,
Three separate gigantic shooting stars as a special omen to me,
Taffy and Simon (dog and cat) rolling across the floor wrestling,
A new spectacular title for a mystery as yet unplanned,
A lucky penny,
A deer taking a siesta (not at noon, but midnight) on my lawn,
Friends that I hadn't seen in years,
A lie made right,
Two mothers doing good deeds,
Two good Christmas stories (read, thus saw) written by my mentees,
A double rainbow,
Love shining through my hubby's eyes.

There you have it, a baker's dozen of beautiful things. And I didn't make them up! Smile.



Here are some suggestions to try. Whether they work or not is up to the individual:

Headache?
Cut a lime in half and rub on forehead. Hmmm.
Mosquito bite?
Rub soap or (snicker) hemorrhoid cream on bite. Instant relief.
Colds, Flu?
Boil lemonde and drink as hot as possible to help relieve symtoms.
Asthma irritated by mites in pillows?
Toss pillow in hot dryer for 20 minutes to kill mites
Stings? Bees: Bicarbonate soda Wasps: vinegar



Quote:

Living is the constant adjustment of thought to life and life to thought in such a way that we are always growing, always experimenting new things in the old and old things in the new. --Thomas Merton


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...