Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rejection

Ouch! How would you like to get 100 rejections for your manuscript (novel)? How about 140?

Yikes, I don't know if I'd have that kind of strength. I'm serious.

You know the Chicken Soup books? The very first one was submitted by the authors 140 times to different publishing houses (probably some more than once).

And I expect (and want, pray, beg, desire, and any other word I can, or cannot think of) to be published first time around.

So I need to get real. (I'm trying!) I've written, edited, paid to have it critiqued, critiqued more, cut portions out of my baby, and finally--puff, puff--think its ready. I've prayed over it, worried, fretted, and let it simmer.

Is it publishable?

I don't know. We'll see.


Hints to make meal preparing easier and a happier time:

"How many times have you stood in front of your refrigerator at suppertime and not had a clue what you are going to feed your family? All of us struggle with preparing meals and it becomes such a chore because we don't plan ahead."

  • Set aside time each week to do your menu planning. Start by planning menus with your family's favorites, or plan meals which use up the food in your freezer and pantry.
  • Write down on your calendar what your are going to have for supper each day that week, even if you eat out. Don't forget the side dishes.
  • Put together a grocery list before you go to the market. Then, only buy what you need.
  • Now, you know what is for supper for the entire week and you know you have the ingredients! Happy cooking!



Quote:
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done. --Psalms


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...