Wednesday, March 07, 2007

If I Were A Millionaire . . .

Have you ever thought about it? Actually, I'm talking about becoming a muli-millionaire. Overnight. Now that's big money!

Hubby and I were discussing our options last night. (just in case this fabulous idea ever happens! A girl can't be too careful!)

First, of course, we'd give our contributions.
Then we'd invest about half of what was left of our earthly treasure.
Then (are you listening, family?) a cool million to each brother & sister in our families.
Secondly, we'd pick out a few choice good friends and give some to them.
We'd make sure our mothers are taken care of--no worries--for the rest of their lives.

Then . . . hubby and I would travel. Do some mission work that we've always wanted to do. See more of the world. We'd always be on the lookout to help worthy souls. There's a lot of needs out there, but to find the legitimate ones is another story.

Now for the fun part . . .

I'd buy a pink elephant.
I'd buy all the flowers in the world for my garden.
I'd begin collecting more rocks.
I'd buy an airplane.
I'd buy all the antique cars I wanted.
I'd buy myself into getting published (yeah, truly I would)
I might buy an island, for us, and friends and family who need to get away for a bit.
I'd help all the little children in the world--that I could--to have a happy life.
I'd pave my driveway!
I'd take photography lessons.
I'd buy a grand piano.

If only . . .



Updating your kitchen cabinets hints:

A beautiful kitchen is the heart of any home (even for those of us who spend most of our cooking time around the microwave!) Time spent together in the kitchen can bring a family closer together and make wonderful memories (although my own memories of doing dishes as a teenager are less than pleasant - something about dishwater being 'disgusting!') Turning your plain kitchen into something special isn't as hard as you might think. Here are a few simple ideas which can make your kitchen a designer showcase.

1. To give your cabinets a special flair, use three different stains. Use one lighter stain on the upper cabinets, one slightly darker on the drawers and an even darker one on the bottom cabinets. Add a little pigment in a primary color (red, blue or yellow) to add an additional dimension and a little 'pop.'

2. To add a little flair, take out a few drawers and insert low baskets in their place. You will probably have to remove the middle drawer slide or side slides, but that is easily done with a screwdriver.

3. Want to update your backsplash? Use beadboard! Have your local home improvement store cut it to length and attach with nails or adhesive.

4. Tired cabinet doors? Cut out the middle of the doors, leaving a two inch edge all around. Stale fabric panels to the back of the doors. Cover the staples with fabric trim glued with a hot glue gun. You can use any fabric from elegant to country, stripes to plaid, or gingham to quilted.

5. Update your cabinets with special memories. Attach frames painted or stained to match the cabinets to the front of each door. Fill the frames with family photos or your children*s artwork. Or highlight a special collection such as vintage handkerchiefs or postcards.

Sit back and wait for the compliments!


Quote:
I wish I had a box--the biggest I could find,
I'd fill it right up to the brim
With everything that's kind . . .
Grateful words for joys received
I'd freely give away.
Oh, let us open wide a box
Of praise for every day.


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...