1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2 Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever Your home is your refuge .
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
More ways to keep you young!
Mix equal parts of water and cider vinegar to cleanse and tone your skin.
Substitute baby oil for facial cleansing cream.
Mix foundation and moisturizer (50/50) and dab on with a sponge. It will give a translucent, more natural look.Throw away your shaving cream! Much too expensive! Hair conditioner works much better and is much cheaper!
To soften, heat enough vegetable oil to cover the feet. Massage in thoroughly up to the ankles. Then wrap each foot in a hot wet towel (wrung out until damp). Leave in place for 10 minutes.
Spray cologne on towel-dried hair before blow drying.
Apply cold cream to scalp, bind with plastic wrap and allow to nourish head for 20 minutes. Forget the fancy hot oil treatment!
Rub brown areas on hands and face with castor oil two or three times a day.
If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.