Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Taking It By Faith . . .


I received a note the other day from a friend. It was an encouraging note. Wonderful, really. In it she said how much she loved and appreciated me and my husband. And "that, of course, we already know that."

Well, I must say knowing and being reassured now and then are two different things.
Of course, I know some people like me.
Of course, I know some appreciate me.
Of course, I know, I'm a writer.
Of course, I know someday I'll be traditionally pubbed.

But like many writers I know, I need to be reassured now and then. I need your comments, your emails, your calls and letters and notes and word-of-mouth reassurances that you're there for me.

Without you where in the world would I be?
The World in plate carrée projection



Without you, my readers and friends and family, what would be the purpose of my writing? I'm a needy person. I need you! Who would read my future books? Who would critique my works in progress?

Without you (my works), my faith will be in vain. Smile.

Faith: believing something will come to pass without seeing it. Ach! How hard to put into practice. How frail I am.

But I do have determination. That counts for a lot, don't you think? and maybe that determination has a bit of faith in it, else why would I be so determined?

Make sense?

Keep that encouragement coming. I love you all!
The sky's zenith appears centered in this daytime photograph taken looking up though trees





Here are some good thoughts on fulfilling those dreams:
  • There comes a time when you must stand alone. (ouch!)
  • You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own dreams. (I do, Lord, I do. Honest)
  • You must be willing to make sacrifices (o-kay)
  • You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved. (Been there, done that!)
  • Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better. (No whining, Caroline!)
  • Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by. (You never think this will happen to you, but I've been reading about it on one of my writing loops.)
  • Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life. (May take years, but gotta do it!)
  • Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way. (Stand forth, all ye bashful beings!)

And there you have your hints and quotes for today.
Blessings!


























No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...