What a conference! This year's writing conference was one of the best I've attended for ACFW. Here are some good stuff I liked:
- reconnected with old friends
- met some new ones
- talked with some people I've been too shy to talk to before
- Had TWO people in our state group that one awards. Isn't that amazing?
- Had ONE critique partner final in a contest.
- Had a fun and entertaining breakfast with my literary agency and some of their clients (including me, of course!)
- Met with SIX editors. Whooeee! That is outstanding.
- Had FOUR of them request samples.
- Went through a depressing time while there, but with God's help and prayer from friends, pulled out of it. I should know by now that God doesn't fail; I just have to leave it all in His hands and for His timing!!
- Loved the class sessions I attended.
- Wasn't too nervous talking with editors.
- Gave up time talking with one editor so a sweet friend could have that special time. It all worked out anyhow.
- Learned a few things.
- Was able to brainstorm with hubby about a novel we may do together on the way home.
- Received some affirmation on my writing
- Learned that in the end it all comes down to doing what my heart and gut feeling says.
- Came away feeling re-energized to keep on.
- Came away feeling more than ever before that I must have God's anointing and timing for my career in writing. It's all about Him.
- Had a chorus replay in my mind since leaving. Re-learned that God is my all in all, my shelter, my everything.
- THINK I've become brave enough to enter the contest year. Still searching on that one. LOL
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds. --Francis Bacon