Saturday, March 07, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Rambling today.

Yesterday a sweet friend of mine named Val told me I was a precious lady. Now that meant a lot to me and I told her so. Made my day.

Yesterday evening, we had a fun evening with friends. Thanks, Matt and Crys for the delicious spagetti supper.

Helped hubby unload wood today. I love helping him with his projects.

Thinking of starting a writing critique service. Some for hire; some to help. What do you think? More on this later.

Visited several blogs last week. Commented on some; others enjoyed the writing. One of them had a great account of that young couples' recent trip to Japan. Hilarous account of her wearing a kimono. (I think that's what it was.

I've got a cute blog to post as soon as I can locate a pic I need for it. (sent to me by friend Joyce).

Today's a beautiful, sunshiny day. Warm, lots of spring feeling. Course we'll probably get more cold, but for today . . . winter is past.

Trying and trying to get to another friend (Tim)'s webpage and can't seem to do it. Of course, I can't claim the best knowledge of technical stuff, but you'd think I could find this page. Ergh! Totally irritating.

Agent called me this week. An encouraging day, cause she loved my historical. I needed it. Sometimes I feel I'll never get pubbed. I know, patience. NOT my greatest attribute.

Gonna miss some friends as they search for new lives in other states. I hate changes!

Haven't written much about Noah and Taffy lately. They're just as spoiled as ever, if not more so. But still as dear to me as ever. Noah would be a lap dog if he could fit on any one's lap. Laugh.

Saw a newborn baby last week and made me wonder, again, if I'd ever get to be a grandmother.

Looking forward to more writing workshops and meetings as spring comes.

Enjoyed the evening meal with other friends as we dined at their home. Delicious meal and fun time.

Read a great post by another writer of a guy's marketing techniques. Wonderfully enlightening.

Totally useless one day this week. Not sick, but not up to par. Just an icky day.

Enjoyed my first Pampered Chef party this week. Wow, some amazing stuff. Expensive, but attractive.

Do you enjoy when I do book reviews and interviews? Do they give you an idea of what you'd like to read?



Coming up next week:
  • One writing meeting
  • Hitting my novels in progress hard, hopefully
  • Visiting with friends
  • Shopping for baby and wedding gifts
  • Plans to finalize for teaching a class
  • Meeting with a critique partner




Quote:
A great many people think that polysyllables are a sign of intelligence. --Barbara Walters

Blessings

1 comment:

Sharen said...

Great post!! Enjoyed reading just what you have been up too.bobnshare

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...