Thursday, April 02, 2009

What Could Be Worse?

Hadn't been feeling well for several days and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Listless and stomach problems.

Well, it finally hit me. Some strain of a cold like I'd never had before. Felt so bad I thought dying would be a blessing. But today, I'm feeling a shade better. So I got to thinking (uh, oh!). What could be worse? As bad as I felt, why would I rather have had this cold than other situations I could have been in?

Here's some I definitely hope I never have to face:

Total bed rest. (I like to move around too much!)
Cancer (I hate to even say the word)
Biblical Job's news (you know, your whole family gone?)
A house fire that takes all my memories
Both hands broken (no writing-wail . . .)
An unhealthy child

I guess I'll eventually get over this cold. That's a lot to be thankful for.



Quote:
Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before it. --Jacob A Rus


Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...