Since Mother's Day is almost here, I thought you might get a kick out of this Memory Lane Tour that my good friend Ann sent me. Enjoy!
- You had to wash the clothes line before hanging any clothes-walk the entire length of each line with a damp cloth around the lines.
- You had to hang the clothes in a certain order, and always hang "whites" with "whites," and hang them first.
- You never hung a shirt by the shoulders - always by the tail! What would the neighbors think?
- Wash day on a Monday! Never hang clothes on the weekend or Sunday, for Heaven's sake!
- Hang the sheets and towels on the outside lines so you could hide your "unmentionables" in the middle.
- It didn't matter if it was sub zero weather. Clothes would "freeze-dry."
- Always gather the clothes pins when taking down dry clothes! Pins left on the lines were "tacky!"
- If you were efficient, you would line the clothes up so that each item did not need two clothes pins, but shared one of the clothes pins with the next washed item.
- Clothes off of the line before dinner time, neatly folded in the clothesbasket, and ready to be ironed.
- IRONED? Well, that's a whole other subject!
And if you're not bored by now, you'll also enjoy this: