What Am I Doing?
I didn't really make any New Year's Resolutions.
But I DETERMINED (smile) to:
- Do some new things.
- Pick up some old things.
- Learn and apply.
- Enjoy life more.
Here's my list for now :
Reading: "A Stray Drop of Blood" by Roseanna White. The book is a Biblical historical set in Jesus' time. From the first, Roseanna caught my attention, and you gotta be good to do that. (smile). By the way, Roseanna is a critique partner. She has a unique, quirky style in many of her books that I love! This is an intense book that is guaranteed to be a keeper.
Pictures: Went outside yesterday and took pictures. Love my camera. Out of ten, twenty pictures, I usually come up with a couple of excellent. Check out my Sweeties album on facebook to see a few good pictures of my pets. Taffy is a total sweetheart. There's something about Mackie's face that tears at your heart when he looks at you. My mother said he's ugly; I told her, he's got an adorable face. Only a mother could love . . . and all that stuff.
Learn and Apply:
- Learn some techniques on the computer that I need to know. Do it!
- Already uploaded pictures to facebook that I've been putting off.
- How to keep from burning out.
- How to plot in advance to writing a book.
- Finish editing writing manuscripts.
- Finish new manuscript that needs the ending and editing.
- Plot some ideas.
- Learn to balance life better.
- Keep promoting my fellow writers, especially those who need it worse, or for some other reason I resonate with.
- Write at least one new book this year. Maybe more.
- Sign several book contracts this year, which will make not only me happy but my hard working agent.
- Keep using Doug Varrieur's book: From Fat to Skinny! (Great book to help you get in physical shape, and that means mental shape too!)
- Love more. Watch what I say more. Smile more.
- Volunteer more which I've already started. Asked to be put on the volunteer list of ACFW. Ran for secretary of ACFWOhio.
- Check out and establish a blog/website for abused women and children. Or come up with something even more effective.
Then I want to spend more time with God, trust him more, love him more. I want to appreciate the friendships, the family, I have more. I want to make my life count more. . .
Will I succeed this year? Who knows? But if I shoot for the stars, I'm sure to hit the moon. SmileQuote:
The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morning.