Conferences, and All That Stuff
Linda Schab shared this information with me, and I'm glad to post it here for your perusal.
The FaithWriters U.S. conference is only two weeks away! This will be the 3rd conference held in the U.S. (there is also a "Down Under" conference) and it promises to be better than ever (and not just because I'm one of the workshop teachers this year).
I joined FaithWriters six years ago and I credit this site for re-jumpstarting my writing career. I attribute much of where I am today (and most of the income I earn) solely to http://www.faithwriters.com/. Well, of course God is the one who orders my steps, but He used FaithWriters to bring me to this point.
I attended the first two FaithWriters conferences (2007 and 2009) and both times came away so abundantly blessed. The teaching, the fellowship, and the overall atmosphere of Christian love was almost overwhelming - in a good way! To meet the people I've gotten to know online through the Writing Challenge and on the message boards was surreal. Some of my very best friends in the world are FaithWriters members.
Here are 5 reasons to attend:
1. Encouragement. If you’re a writer, then you’ve faced discouragement. Maybe more than any other profession, writers face rejection, disappointment, and discouragement. At the FaithWriters conference, you’ll be more encouraged than you’ve ever been before. Whether a writing-related pat on the back or a heart-felt word prompting you to achieve your God-given purpose, a little encouragement goes a long, long way.
2. Motivation. Need a slight push down the writing path? Maybe you’ve experience writer’s block or aren’t feeling inspired to put the energy into taking your writing to the next level. Well, I dare say that one hour at the FaithWriters conference will provide just the motivation you’ve been lacking. Before you know it, you’ll be back on track and raring to write again.
3. Knowledge. This conference is so jam-packed with fabulous teaching that it will be impossible to leave the way you came. In fact, bring a fat notebook because you’re going to need it to contain all the wisdom gleaned from the dynamic speakers. You’ll learn about genres, writing humor, how to get an agent, overcoming obstacles, how to submit your work for publication, self-publishing, designing your blog, the nuts and bolts of writing, and much more that will help take your writing to new levels!
4. Connection. Ever feel like no one “gets” you? Well, you’ll never feel more understood than when you’re in a room full of other writers. Here, you’ll be free to express yourself, “talk shop,” and be the creative person God made you to be without getting strange looks and odd eyebrow raises. You’ll be in the midst of like-minded people who will totally “get you!” I guarantee you’ll go home with several more friends than you had before.
5. Spiritual Refreshing. The only thing better than a writer’s conference is a Christian writer’s conference. There’s nothing like being “on the same page” with others who share the same faith and beliefs. Others who will pray for you and with you and are striving towards the same ultimate goal: to write words that glorify the Father and further His Kingdom.
Here are the details:
THEME: Nurturing the Whole Writer
DATE: August 13 and 14, 2010
WHERE: Radisson Hotel; Conference Center, Livonia, MI
CONFERENCE COST: $92 = general rate
HOTEL COST: $93 plus tax (a block of rooms is reserved at this special price for attendees)
For complete details, visit the official FaithWriters Conference page: http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php
http://www.faithwriters.com/, writing newsletters, maintaining the site blog, marketing, conducting interviews, and moderating several message boards. Her fiction has won or finaled in several contests, most recently the ACFW Genesis contest. She lives in Michigan with her husband and two children.
Visit her online at http://www.lyndaschab.com/ and http://www.on-the-write-track.blogspot.com/
Hope you find this information useful. Smile.