Sunday, November 28, 2010

Old Folks are Worth a Fortune!

Old folks are worth a fortune--
    with SILVER in their hair
    GOLD in their teeth
    STONES in their kidneys
    LEAD in their feet
    GAS in their stomachs.

One female said, "I've become more social with the passing of the years: some might even call me a frivolous old gal. I'm seeing FIVE gentlemen:
    As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps me get out of bed.
    Then I go to see John.
    Charley Horse comes along, and when he leaves . . .
    Aruthur Ritis shows up and stays the rest of the day.
       (He doesn't stay in one place very long so he akes me from joint to joint)
After such a big day, I'm really tired and glad to go to bed with--
    Ben Gay

What a life!

P.S. The preacher came to call the other day. He said at my age I should be thinking about the hereafter. I told him I do--all the time. No matter where I am, in the parlor, upstairs in the kitchen or down in the basement, I ask myself, 'What am I here after?' "

Blessings!

1 comment:

misskallie2000 said...

Love this post. I am a Sr Citizen and can relate to all these guys. lol

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...