Friday, January 04, 2013

BIG News and a Little Bit of Meandering

2012 started out with my determination to become published.

I was already going through a discouragement period, and I felt little change as the months passed. Tidbits of things should have given me a hint that change was in the air. Or maybe better said, in my heart.

Friends encouraged. One special friend figuratively sat me down (although actually we were standing for most of the conversation) and gave me a "talking to." What did I take away from that?

  1. Quit beating myself up.
  2. I have talent; use it
  3. Believe in God
I'll have to admit, my faith was weak at this point. Yet I'll have to admit I think I had to get into this "slough of despond" for God to gain my attention. I had to get to the point where all I could say was, "God, I believe. Help my unbelief."

I put the words on my desktop. Every few days they would catch my attention. Every few days I'd repeat them like a mantra; a prayer from a heart with little faith.

Then a writing conference.
A meeting with an editor.
A manuscript request.
Work. Editing.
A send-in.
Waiting.
Waiting.
More waiting.
Calls from my agent. Emails.
Contact.
BIG News.
I'd been offered a contract.
December 17: date signed.
I became an author!

Elation. Happiness. Satisfaction. Relief.

Yes. All this.
And more.

Peace.
Because throughout this year I learned in my own way to let go and let God. My faith might be weak, but God is strong. My faith might be little, but God works through little and weak and deformed and broken.

I couldn't make it happen, but God did. In his own time.

It's his book, his novel, and whether he blesses it in a mighty way, or a small one, it is his.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Brooke @ i blog 4 books said...

Congratulations!!! That IS big news! Can't wait to hear more about your book. :)

Pencildancers said...

Wowza!!! Congratulations!!!!
Diana
www.dianabrandmeyer.com

Anonymous said...

Dancing for joy!!! I knew you could do it!!! What a super start to the year. Donna Alice from ACFW

Elaine W. Miller said...

Congratulations, Caroline! You are a beautiful writer. You are faithful to your craft and your calling and God has blessed. Enjoy the journey!

Happy New Year Hugs,
Elaine W. Miller

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...