Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On Passionate Writing

Write while the heat is in you.
The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts
uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with.
He cannot inflame the minds of his audience.
--Henry David Thorea 
 
Writing that pulls a response from the writer's being.
 
Sometimes I hear writers talk about crying over a scene;
Laughing over the antics of a character.
 
Writing books, chapters, scenes, sentences and words
 that wrings reactions and emotions from the creator.

That's a writer writing with a red hot iron.
That's passionate writing,
don't you agree?

Blessings!

1 comment:

Paula Mowery said...

It's like I've always heard - if your writing doesn't evoke emotion in you, how do you expect it to evoke emotion in your reader?
Specifically for me right now, in my soon to be released book, I always tear up at one certain point. Even though I know what's coming because I wrote it, I still mist over. In this case, the character experiences something that I want to experience - looking more like Jesus.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...