Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Morning Peace

"Our Father which art in heaven . . ."
The Bible
 
 
 
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard.
Mother would come out and say,
"You're tearing up the grass."
"We're not raising grass," Dad would reply.
"We're raising boys."
--Harmon Killebrew
 
 
 
A truly rich man is one whose children run
into his arms when his hands are empty.
-author unknown
 
 
 
 
Father! To God himself we cannot give a holier name.
--William Wadsworth
 
 
 
Love and fear.
Everything the father of a family says
must inspire one or the other.
--Joseph Joubert
 
 
 
He didn't tell me how to live;
he lived,
and let me watch him do it.
--Chlarence Budington Kelland
 
 
 
Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder
will remain with me forever.
--author unknown
 
 
Blessings


No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...