Wednesday, April 13, 2016

On Passionate Writing: Impossibilites

When I face the desolate impossibility of writing 500 pages,
a sick sense of failure falls on me,
and I know I can never do it.

This happens every time.
Then, gradually, I write one page and then another.
One day's work is all I can permit myself to contemplate,
and I eliminate the impossibility of ever finishing.

--John Steinbeck, Travels with Charlie 




What is the cure for the never-can-happens?
One day at a time.
One page at a time.

That's all it takes.
I've found that impossible tasks
become possibilities
when broken down into
bitesize pieces.

One day at a time.
One page at a time.

Blessings!


















1 comment:

Sherry Carter said...

That step-by-step process works anytime we face an obstacle. The whole thing might seem insurmountable but, bit by bit, we can get to the other side. Wise advice, Carole! Are you coming to BRMCWC? I'd love to see you!

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...