Wednesday, May 25, 2016

On Passionate Writing: Life

We write to taste life twice:
in the moment
and in retrospect.

--An Ais Nin



What a beautiful thought.
Writers, with their imaginations
that can take them anywhere:
China
Scotland
New Zealand
or an island.

Into different worlds--
like outer space
or back in time.

I can be a detective
or chef
maybe a famous ice skater
or ballet dancer.

I can be a brave bear hunter,
a fierce Viking
or even a King.

All I need to do is write.
I can, therefore, live twice.
Or more.


Blessings!

1 comment:

Sherry Carter said...

Love this, Carole! That's why I love reading and that's what drew me to writing.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...