Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Rain, Rain, Go Away...or Not!

Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day.


Ever hear that ditty when you were a child? It rained yesterday, and I was kind of looking forward to it. I don't know why, but sometimes I miss the rain. I think...






It makes me feel secure. Sort of. In a way. Like, closed in, but not in a smothery way. Like being wrapped in loving arms. Closed in where nothing can hurt me for a moment. Does that make sense?









It makes me feel content. Like being shut in with my fireplace, a good book, my dog Taffy and cat Tipper. I can write, work, snooze, laugh with hubby or fuss a little. But I'm home, content, in a dry home, with the wet rain on the outside. Nice.







It makes me feel happy. Another day we've been blessed with moisture that our earth needs. Our spring won't run dry yet. Thirsty plants and animals can drink. I can walk (or not) in the rain. If I want, I can watch the rivulets cascading down a window pane. I can watch the lightning (or not) in the midnight sky. I can lie in bed and listen to the peck, peck, peck of the drops on my tin roof.



Nice. Happy, rainy day--if you're fortunate enough to be getting some. Smile.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the rain too.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...