Yesterday was my birthday, and I don't know whether I should be happy and satisfied that I achieved another year or be sad because I'm another year older.
Right about now, I tried to make a list of the pros and cons, and other than the usual life's problems, I couldn't think of much to add on the "con" side, so I'm going to share some of my joys of having birthdays.
- I get flowers almost every year from my sweet hubby. I totally love plants and flowers. They cheer me, they're esthetically nice to gaze upon. They make me feel loved. They boost my emotions.
- I have a ton of wonderful memories to enjoy and reflect upon. One of our favorite things to do while traveling is remembering. And all the pictures I've taken through the years makes the past come alive!! We could have missed out on this blessing, but we didn't. That is something to be thankful for.
- Sometimes, but not always, I get ice cream cakes! Oh, the anticipation of getting one. Will it be this year? Has my husband forgotten I love them? And the delicious first, cold bite...
- The presents and cards from my son and his dear friend...and my close friends. What fun! Knowing that I have a wonderful son who cares about me. Knowing I have friends who love me. God's blessings for sure. It might be a beautiful card or a simply signed card by an elderly hand, but knowing I have those who care enough to remember...I am blest!
- Knowing that I've been given another year from God is a miracle of love! Thank you, God, for loving me and giving me so many wonderful blessings.