Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Courting Danger by Nike Chillemi

Nike Chillemi tells us a little about her writing life
and...
presents her newest suspense novel:



Q: Which actress would you like to see playing lead character Katerina "Kat" Andruko from your most recent book COURTING DANGER?
A: This is a fascinating question to me because I haven't gone to many movies in the past years and don't watch a lot of serial TV due to content. However, as my character Katerina is in her very early thirties, and I'm not. Let's just say I'm a bit older, quite a bit. I felt I had to get a grip on her and I researched brown haired actresses in her age group. I finally landed on Sophia Busch, who starred in the TV dramas "One Tree Hill" and "Chicago." She is actually a few years older than my character, but she had "the look." She's very attractive in an unassuming way and smart. The funny thing is she played volleyball as a teenager and so did Katerina.

Q: How much research do you do?
A: I'd say quite a lot, but not necessarily for the book I'm currently writing. I write detective novels, so I have to keep somewhat up on what's going on in law enforcement. For example, in chapter one, Katerina knows she's been called out to the murder scene of someone she's acquainted with. She shifts her anger to the new piece of equipment the police department has installed in its cruises, a state of the arts laptop. I had to know about these laptops. I didn't find out about them when writing this book. I do research continually and keep files on law enforcement, fire departments, medical examiners, and the military. I'd randomly learned about these new computers and added them to my notes. So, when I wrote the opening scene of the novel, I looked in my notes.


Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: I get my ideas anywhere and everywhere. I don't always, but when I remember to, I carry a tiny spiral notebook in my purse where I to jot down idea and scenarios down as I go about my regular business. I've been known to observe something in a restaurant and grab a napkin and write it all down to use later in a story.

Bio:
Nike N. Chillemi writes contemporary detective and/or suspense novels with a touch of wry humor, and there's often a national security twist to them. She likes her bad guys really bad, her good guys smarter and better, and a touch of the comedic. 

Her newest endeavor is COURTING DANGER.

Nike is the founding board member of the Grace Awards and its Chair, a reader's choice awards for excellence in Christian fiction. She has been a judge in the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017 Carol Awards in the suspense, mystery, and romantic suspense categories; and an Inspy Awards 2010 judge in the Suspense/Thriller/Mystery category. Her four novel Sanctuary Point series (out of print), set in the mid-1940s has finaled, won an award, and garnered critical acclaim. The first novel in the Veronica "Ronnie" Ingels/Dawson Hughes series HARMRUL INTENT won in the Grace Awards 2014 Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historical Suspense category. She has written book reviews for The Christian Pulse online magazine. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and John 3:16 Marketing Network. https://nikechillemi.blog/



Purchase COURTING DANGER on Amazon: 

Twitter: @NikeNChillemi





Blurb:
Newly installed Pelican Beach, Florida detective Katerina "Kat" Andruko fears the prime suspect will get off in the murder of a teen with the help of the department's forensics psychologist, a man she's just started to trust.

This case has national security implications that gives former US Army Ranger, Dr. Dimitri Garmonin a chance to work with the FBI. The case could give him the chance to obtain the funds needed to expand his small Behavior Analysis Unit. He's unmoved by the chic FBI agent sent to assist but is intrigued by Kat with whom he shares a Slavic heritage.

Kat and her partner detain two wrong suspects, giving the department negative press. The predator turns his anger on Kat, targeting her. Can Dimitri use his profiler skills to catch this killer before he hurts the woman he's growing to love?








No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...