Friday, March 06, 2020

Rambling Friday: Don't you Just Love Words?

I do! I suppose because I love writing and reading, research and words. 

Some of my very favorite words are simple ones; others more "sophisticated or longer. Let me list a few of my favorites, quotes, scriptures, reasons why, etc. for them. Here goes:


  • HOPE:  Ah, this is my all-time favorite. Why? The scripture from Hebrews 11:1 stands out to me:  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." The encouragement in this one verse that we can, will and should hope by having the faith that our desires/wishes/pleas will come true. The word "hope" suggests so many possibilities!

  • Liberty:  This word makes me want to spread my arms wide and hug in the freedom this word offers. No restraints. No chains to hold us back from pursuing our dreams, our beliefs, our dedication in serving our God. Such a chain-breaking word.

  • bumblebee:  The only thing I can come up with, with this word, is I enjoy saying it. Bumble, bumble, bumble. Good enough reason? :)

  • Lightning. No, I'm not especially fond of being in a lightning storm, but I love the word. Powerful, electrifying, awesome. A mighty word. and then my friend Donn Taylor has a book with the word in the title:  Lightning on a Quiet Night.  Good enough reasons to like it, huh?


And one more to wrap it up:

  • Chef. This is a simple one: it brings to mind food, good food, excellent, extremely creative food that entices me to sample and enjoy something I don't ordinarily prepare myself. It's a relaxing sort of word for me. 


There you have it. Five words that I love. 
Now, tell me, what are some of your favorite words? 
Maybe, I'll share more at a later time. 
Maybe.

Happy Word Day!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...