Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Serious Wednesday: Writing This Book

The Spies of WWII, Book Three:  Sing Until You Die


When I wrote the first two books of this series (With Music in Their Hearts and A Flute in the Willows) I knew where I wanted to go with them. The plot just magically (LOL) was there, ready for me to write the books. But...

All along, my mind was blank for a plot with this book three. I pondered, tried to decide how to produce a plot that was different but still tied into the theme of all three books. And then when the time was right--I suppose I could say it like that--the plot became clear:

* A singer who sang to the troops

* A singer who was being accused of being a spy

From there the plot leaped off the page. I knew where and how I would write this story. Of course, there were still some unknowns, but with time, repeated edits, and careful considerations, including turning my back on favorite story-people, I was able to layout this novel with a well-thought-out plan.

On top of all that, thanks to my scheduled plan of writing that I initiated at the first of this year, my writing timeline went very good. I completed the novel successfully, endured (lol, again) the editing, approve the cover, and was able to, at last, see this project come to fruition. 

So please forgive me if I give my shoulder a nice pat. 

And, if all goes as planned, I should complete one more novel this year with publication in early 2021. 

Well done, You faithful writer! (That's me, in case you're wondering.) 

Check out the book here:  

https://amzn.to/36zoLwZ


Happy Reading! 




No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...