Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Serious Wednesday: Time to Move On!

I took a break during the Christmas season. I hated to. I really did. But it was either that or lose my sanity. Lol. 

Do I regret it? Sort of. But most of all, I realize that at times a person has to do what they have to do. Why?

  • Bodies get tired and overworked. When that happens the physical needs to rest or at least prioritize what's the most important. 
  • Bodies and mind get stressed. When this happens both mind and body need to choose what is the most important and what they can and can't handle. 
But now, all that is behind me. I'm looking ahead, focusing on the items I didn't get finished and making plans to attend to these. One of these is finishing the novel I started this fall. 

  • I accept that I may not get it completely finished in 2020 seeing I have only 3 more days to work on it, seeing I have only three more days to work on it. BUT...
  • If I can knock out another thousand or two, then that will give me the spurt I need to head into 2021 to finish it. 
  • My editor is expecting it shortly, so I KNOW I have to get it finished. 
  • I want to finish it--badly! :)  
  • And one good thing that's come out of THIS book-writing is that I've gotten quite a few ideas of how I will write the next and final book in the Appleton series. Good news, yes! 

I am moving on, excited and enthused to finally have the time I need to focus on writing this fifth Appleton book! 

Carry on, writing friends! 


No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...