Friday, August 27, 2021

Rambling Friday: Footlongs and Ice Cream

As many of you already know, I love my grandsons. They are special people and their grandfather and I have enjoyed many activities with them thru the years, whether small, simple and inexpensive to more elaborate times that take traveling, money and planning. 

One of my favorite things to do is pick up my grandson, Jonathan, from school and spend a little time with him. (We delivered our older grandsons to school and took them on special trips too when they were younger). If the weather is permissibly travelable, I like to do this once a week. Sometimes we go to town and visit the pet shops. Sometimes we stop for a quick small ice cream blizzard close to his school.  


This week, after I'd picked him up, I asked what he'd like to do. There's a Whit's IceCream Custard shop not too far away, and that's what he chose. (and, wow! Was their ice cream good!) We both ordered our choice of ice cream, but he informed me, being well-versed in their selections, that they had footlongs too. 

Now I don't eat much hot dog food, but we do enjoy now and then a good hotdog roast, or a footlong at a local dairy queen. I'm careful about how much is eaten because his mother is an excellent cook and prepares supper every night (in spite of the fact that she works two jobs). 

He didn't tell me he'd never had one from that shop: that information came later. :)  

We each ordered a footlong, and was it good! 

So ice cream and a footlong was our after-school outing. A fun time with a grandson and a time spent talking, laughing, teasing and relaxing. More bonding. More time to listen to his good times at school, his problems and building a grandparent/grandchild relationship.

I do love my grandsons! 




No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...