Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Serious Wednesday: When Interruptions Happen



I've learned a lot in being an author through the years. It's not all laughter and fun. Sometimes it's hard work. Sometimes it's happiness. And sometimes it's knowing you've got it right. 

Life happens. It flows. It interrupts. 

My biggest interruption in 2021? Well, let's just say, it was another surgery. A second REPAIR REVERSE shoulder surgery. Leading up to it I was nervous. Did I really want this? Go through the hassle of the surgery with a different surgeon, more inactivity, more hard nights of sleep trying to find the right position to get comfortable with, more pain, go through weeks of therapy? 

But it happened. I loved the new surgeon, loved all the people who helped with it, the registration people, the nurses were all so good to me. My therapists are excellent, understanding and push me with kindness to do my best. 

On top of that, I've been emotionally exhausted dealing with all of the above, plus keeping up with promotions, my responsibilities as an author, my pages on FB, setting up details and responding to my fans, helping my hubby with his ministry, dealing with our beloved pet's serious illness--twice! 

So, yes, life interrupted my writing. I was stuck on a plateau of not knowing what to type on that blank paper on my screen. Was it frustrating? Worrying? Irritating? 

Indeed it was. 

But you know what? I had a breakthrough. I had an idea, then another, and another, and now, I'm on my way to finishing this book I'm working on. 

Was all this trouble worth it? I don't know. It interrupted my life. My writing. But I came through it--I think, just a bit stronger. 


My advice when things interrupt YOUR writing, your plans, your life? Endure. Trust that it will come out all right. There be a cause for why it's being interrupted at that specific time. Or not. Whatever. Take it as a sign that this is a time to try to repair, heal, grow stronger. 

Trust that this is a special time for you and relax. 

After all, what more can you do? Your normal life will resume soon enough, and if there are changes to it, then either accept them or correct them. Take charge of your attitude. 

You'll be happier and better able to hit the ground running when the tide turns for the better. 


Happy New Year! 





1 comment:

Betti said...

Thanks for sharing, Carole!

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...