Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rain, rain go away. Come again some other day.

Ever hear that ditty when you were a child? It began raining last night, and I was kind of looking forward to it. I don't know why. But some times I miss the rain. I think . . .

It makes me feel secure. Sort of. In a way. Like, closed in, but not in a smothery way. Like being wrapped in loving arms. Closed in where nothing can hurt me for a moment. Does that make sense?

It makes me feel content. Yeah, like being shut in with my fireplace, a good book, my dog, Taffy and cat Tipper. I can write, work, snooze, laugh with hubby or fuss a little. But I'm home content in a dry home, with the wet rain on the outside. Nice.

It makes me feel happy. Another day we've been blessed with moisture that our earth needs. Our spring won't run dry yet. Thirsty plants and animals can drink. I can walk (or not) in the rain, if I want. I can watch the rivelets cascading down a window pane. I can watch the lightning (or not) in the midnight sky. I can lie in bed and listen to the peck, peck, peck of the drops on my tin roof.

Nice. Happy rainy day -- if you're fortunate enough to be getting some. Smile.



Want to do something extra without having to spend a lot of money? Try one of these suggestions:
1) Yield to other drivers, even the pushy ones. (Oh so hard when you're in a hurry).

2) Hold doors open for other people. (Duh. Who doesn't do this?)

3) Let someone go in front of you in line. (Well, I do that!)

4) Give more than you keep. (Uh oh.)

5) Be quick to listen and slow to speak. (Uh oh, again.)

6) Respond kindly to someone who's rude. (Ouch)

7) Look for little ways to respond to the needs of others. (Why do we always think we have to do something big, something outlandish, something noticeable?)



Rainy day quote:
Friends . . . they cherish each other's hopes. They are kind to each other's dreams.
--Henry David Thoreau


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...