Friday, February 02, 2007

Charles Seymour Interview

Hi, Charlie. Thanks for doing this interview. I'm really happy (and, yes, maybe a little bit jealous!) that you are now a certified author.

Caroline: How did you feel when you got the contract? The offer to publish your first book?

Charlie: It was a combination of shock, unbelief, and elation.

Caroline: How long have you been writing? Ever done anything else significant?

Charlie: In the past, I've written a few songs and some poetry, but nothing over a couple of pages.

Caroline: I just wrote on my blog Friday, January 26th, about research for my novels. Do you feel the need to research, and if you do, what kind and how much do you do?

Charlie: Research can help a little or a lot, depending on your subject matter. I love history, so the research that I did was quite fun. I tried to get all of my historical data as accurate as possible.

Caroline: What's the genre you write in? Is that your favorite?

Charlie: Pioneer Western/romance. Anything that has to do with the American west prior to 1900 AD is bound to catch my attention . . . movie or book!

Caroline: Can you explain briefly to my readers why you chose Tate Publishing? What all did you do to send to them? What was involved?

Charlie: I checked out several publishers and got accepted by more than one, but I chose Tate, because I had a good feeling about them. They appeared to be honest and open, they are a Christian publisher, and their overall contractual terms were better. All that I sent to them was my manuscript; from there, they contacted me.

Caroline: What's next on your agenda? Will you develop a series from this first book or move on to something different?

Charlie: I have already started on the sequel to my story and have retained all movie rights. I hope to find a way to have a movie done of the story.

Caroline: Are you planning on obtaining an agent?

Charlie: That depends on how large the whole business ends up becoming.

Caroline: How are you planning on promoting your book? How will the publishing company help you? How can we help you?

Charlie: The company is planning a publicity campaign: radio and television press releases and newspaper stories. There will be some publisher-organized book signings and some personal book signings. Other than that, any word of mouth or internet publicity is greatly appreciated.

Caroline: Where can anyone order your book?

Charlie: It can currently be ordered online at www.tatepublishing.com or if anyone wishes a signed copy, they can order one directly from me by sending a money order for $12.00 to: Charles Seymour
4156 Eastland Ave.
Louisville, OH 44641

Caroline: Want to tell us what the book is about and how did you get the idea for it?

Charlie: The book combines people that I know now, with people who actually lived in 1873. The best example of this is the main character of the book: The young man named Joshua ia actually my son, and the young woman that he meets and eventually marries really is Virginia Elizabeth Grant who was actually the niece of President Ulysses S. Grant.

Caroline: Tell us honestly (big grin): is it hard to write a book? How long did it take you?

Charlie: That depends on if God gives you the story or not. In this case, the story just came out of the blue, I did not know from one page to the next what was coming. I wrote the book in three weeks and had approximately forty hours invested between research and writing.

Charlie, thanks again for your willingness in being interviewed on Sunnybank Meanderings. We wish you much success!

Folks, check out Charlie's book: "The Spirit of the West."



Here are some more frugal, but fun, hints:


Glass Bottles:
* Use a narrow-necked bottle as a candleholder. The wax drips down the side and makes a pretty design.

* Fill a clear glass bottle with small candies.

* Make a bottle into a vase.

* Use a bottle with a wide opening as a change holder or bank.




Quote:
There is an exquisite melody in every heart. If we listen closely, we can hear each other's song. A friend knows the song in your heart and responds with beautiful harmony.


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...