Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Senior's Breakfast Special
A friend--Joyce--sent this to me this morning. I'm sure she wasn't pointing any fingers toward me about this topic! Laugh! But for all you senior readers out there--enjoy!

We went to breakfast at a restaurant where the "seniors' special" was two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $1.99.


Sounds good," my wife said. "But I don't want the eggs."


"Then I'll have to charge you two dollars and forty-nine cents because you're ordering a la carte," the waitress warned her.


"You mean I'd have to pay for not taking the eggs?" my wife asked incredulously.


"YES!!" stated the waitress.


"I'll take the special."


"How do you want your eggs?"


"Raw and in the shell," my wife replied. She took the two eggs home!

DON'T MESS WITH SENIORS!!!



Announcement: Don't forget to check out Friday's blog and interview with Deb Vogts. She's a great writer and I can't wait to hear the news that she's been contracted. I feel privileged to be one of her critique partners! Don't miss it!




I'm sure all of you know this; but just in case, here's one single hint today for you:

Rinse your floors after washing. Soap residue leaves a floor looking cloudy and attracts dirt faster. After cleaning, rinse with water and some white vinegar. This neutralizes the floor and removes soap residue. The result will be a truly clean and shiny floor.



Quote:

Right now a moment of time is fleeting by! Capture its reality . . .become that moment.
--Paul Cezanne

Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...