Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Never


I was given some advice yesterday. B-a-d advice.

I don't know what the person was thinking. Except I know the person and they haven't ever been very determined about much in their life--and I've known them a long time.

What was the advice? Give up on my writing group--in other words, quit writing. Because I'm a bad writer? Because they think I can't write? Nope.

Not at all. The only reason they touted, was that it's been so-o-o long since I've submitted and haven't heard back from any of those publishers.

Rubbish.

Four months isn't long for a publisher. Eight months isn't long. Even a year. (Long for us patiently (or unpatiently) waiting souls, but for those poor overworked editors, it's not really long. They have hundreds of manuscripts to wade through.

Am I using excuses why I haven't heard anything yet? Again, nope. I'm stating facts.

Of course, perhaps I would have heard something by now if I'd had myself in gear and submitted MORE. I'm working on it.

But quit? Never. Never until I'm too feeble to hold a pen. Never until my mind is gone and I can no longer think through my day, alone write something. Never until I'm published.

When? Some of my critique partners chide me for being pessimistic. Dream. Hope. Determine.

When will it happen? This year! This month! Today!

I can hope.

And work toward that goal.

And I will NEVER quit.




Hints for a good day in June:

  • Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams, don't have much.
  • Don't judge people by their relatives.
  • Remember the three R's:
1. respect for self
2. respect for others
3. responsibility for your actions.



Cindy Woodsmall's interview coming up soon. Look for it around July 13th!



Quote:
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Ah!


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...