Thursday, July 12, 2007

A.A.A.D.D.


You know, I don't consider myself OLD. (No comments, thank you!) Then why do I find myself carrying out two, three, or more tasks at the same time and forgetting what I was doing? I told someone I thought I was getting Alheimizers, but they replied, "No, you're just too busy."

Whatever the problem, I know I have way too many things to try to deal with most of the time. Some times I'm on top; other times, things weigh me down.

Here's a funny illustration, I thought some of you might enjoy and connect to:

"Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it develops:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that
I brought up from the mailbox earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox, when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the study to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the
counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, get some towels and wipe up
the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills a ren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!
G ROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.
AGE AND MATURITY ARE NOT NECESSARILY RELATED.


P.S: I just remembered. I LEFT THE WATER RUNNING IN THE
DRIVEWAY!"



Pet hints:
  • Don't let your pets have: chocolate (everyone knows that!), macadamia nuts, garlic (and all its relatives), and grapes and raisins (can cause anemia in SOME animals).
  • Never let puppy do anything you don't want an 80 pound dog to do. Ooooch. So right!
  • Don't let puppies lick you in the face; the older they get, the wetter and sloppier they get. And you don't know (or do you?) where those tongues have been!
  • Doggy breath? Put parsley in his food once a day. (Works for people too!) AND don't forget to brush doggy's teeth! Yeah, I said that. Smile


AND tomorrow's the day, folks. Cindy Woodsmall's interview. Have you checked out her website yet?



Quote:
Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.



Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...