About these laws:
- In Ohio, one must have a license to keep a bear (well, what do you know?)
- In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday. (Shoot, now what will we eat next Sunday?)
- In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery6 by any person other than political candidates. (I think I'll run for office.)
- In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge. (There goes my next plan for suicide.)
- In the state of Kansas, you're not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street. (What about an elephant?)
- In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus. (How else are they going to get to town?)
- In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday. (Hmm)
- In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street!
Strange world. Strange laws.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. --Hannah Moore