Sunday, August 24, 2008

Journal Books


I love them.

For one thing, there are so many great looking covers. Almost anything you're interested in or like, you can find a journal depicting that interest.

Another thing, there are endless possibilities in which to use them.

notes
history
future plans
ideas


I've filled several with quotes. Love those things and I gather them like a country woman gathering eggs. Here, there, and everywhere. Some tidbits of words catches my eye---my attention--and I'm scribbling it down.

I've used them over and over. Here on my blog, of course, but as fillers on my research papers, encouragement on cards, smartie sentences to friends.

I also like the thought of filling my journals with memories.

For awhile now, I've toyed with the idea of setting down in words, good memories from the past in my life. I wish I'd started earlier, but I didn't. I'll probably forget lots of stuff. But I WILL remember some things. And I'd like to write those things down.

Will anyone ever read my scribblings of my personal life's enjoyment events? Probably not, other than perhaps my boys.

But I'll get the enjoyment of writing them down.

I don't want to feel pressured, like its something I have to do, so I'm going to go slow. Scribble as something comes to me. I'll probably ramble a bit (well, probably a whole lot). I may get boring. I may mess up and scratch out what I wrote.

But it'll be my journal for now, so I guess I'll be allowed to do all that, right?

I just got a lovely, old-look journal (old-fashion picture of children with one of those old wagons on it. Pages inside have a "yellowed" look to them. Makes me want to hold the journal up to my nose for a sniff of a well-used book) from a friend. I've been trying to decide what to do with this beautiful thing. Haven't quite made up my mind, but I will one of these days.

Anyone up to joining me in a jounal craze?
Anyone with ideas on what I could do with this special journal?


Quote:
It is enough that I am of value to someone today. --Hugh Prather

Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...