Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Very Worst Food

Here's some examples of food I've eaten or been given to eat:

Working with some neighborhood people, one of the children brought me some vegetable soup. Looked good. Tasted good. Until I found the long hair in it.

Working in a mission work, Sunday was a banquet on the grounds. Some brought in a variety of food. Two of my favorites (not!): mutton stew (yuk, too bland) and fried corkscrew intestines (I dare you!).

Ever dug into a piece of ham and found it was nothing but plain pork? Yeah, I know pork is all right. But when you're expecting ham?

How about the time the friendly hostess had mashed potatoes and they tasted like they'd sat in sewer water for a week? Oh, brother!

Or the time we ate at an Italian restuarant with our favorite spagetti. Dug to the bottom of the plate and disturbed the two flys hiding there--still alive.

You like chicken? So do I! But not tough and still bloody.

Oh, the stories we could tell. It's enough to make one paranoid!

Gotta go and wash my hands a zillion times.


Quote:
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. --Raymond Lindquist


Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...