Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Art of Thankfulness

It's not always easy being thankful. There are things I'd just as soon not have to experience, see, or feel, but life is what it is. Although I don't want to go through hard times, and I can't bring myself to say, Thank you for them, I can say:
  • I'm thankful for learning something from them, or
  • I'm thankful I got through them, or even
  • I'm thankful they weren't any worse (although at the time I may have considered that hard place the worst possible!)

Still, learning to be thankful doesn't always come easy. And then there are tons of things in life that I take for granted, that sometimes I may enjoy, but don't take the time to say, "Thank you."

Let me do it now:

  1. I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me and does all possible to make my life easier. He stands behind me with my chosen career, writing, and helps make many opportunities to learn possible.
  2. I'm thrilled and happy and thankful that our boys love us and respect us. They're almost always willing to help us out with watching the house and the animals when we're traveling.
  3. Thank you, God, for giving me so many good things that I love: my home with all the wonderful things that give me contentment. Thanks for loving me, helping me, giving me the chance to love you back. Thanks for my talent in writing. Thanks for all the things I forget to say thanks for.
  4. Thank you to my wonderful agent, Diana, who works behind my scene of vision for me.
  5. Thank you, critique partners, Mary, Roseanna, Stephanie, Christina, Jamin, and Lindsay for giving me your valuable time and critiques. Thank you for that special bond that writing buddies have together.
  6. Thank you to my friends who take time out to do lots of things to encourage me. Notes, and words of praise, questions, gifts, visits, open homes, and many more gifts of love.
  7. I'm thankful for my home: my gardens, garden pond, gazebo where I enjoy hours of peace and quiet to think; my woods and flowers and stones, all items that bring pleasure; the views from my windows; my precious, always-love-you animals who ask for nothing more than the basic cares of life and a little attention and love.

I could go on and on. I'm still learning to be thankful, to show appreciation, to take the time to live. And if you read this blog, thank you. You made my day!


Quote:
We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.

Blessings!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...