Sunday, July 14, 2013

If Life Were a Rose

If Life Were a Rose
by John Roxell
 
 
If life were a rose would I smell it?
Or would the fear of the bee's sting hold me back?
 
 
If life were a rose would I take pleasure in its lucid color?
Or would the brevity of its glow cloud its sunshine?
 
 
If life were a rose would I marvel at its delicate changing form?
Or would the falling of its petals bury the moment of its triumph?
 
 
If life were a rose would I pick the frail flower to be my own?
Or would the thorns create a barrier causing me to leave it behind?
 
 
If life were a rose.
 
 
 
Blessings.

1 comment:

Patty Kyrlach said...

Cool poem--and what a great analogy. Even something as lovely as a rose also has potential dangers--bees and thorns. It gave me something to think about.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...