Wednesday, April 02, 2014

FREE YA Book from Emma Right



Dead Dreams will be free from April 3-6th for four days. Both the paperback and the e-book versions are only available on Amazon. Keeper of Reign is available on Amazon, Barnes and noble, and all other major retailers.


Welcome, Emma! Here's a bit about her book:
Book Blurb:

Eighteen-year-old Brie O’Mara has so much going for her: a loving family on the sidelines,  an heiress for a roommate, and dreams that might just come true. Big dreams--of going to acting school, finishing college and making a name for herself. She could make a name for herself --she was sure of it. What more could she hope for? Except her dreams are about to lead her down the road to nightmares. Nightmares that could turn into a deadly reality. 

Dead Dreams, Book 1, a young adult psychological thriller and contemporary mystery. 


Playlist for Dead Dreams
Plumb - Need You Now (How many times) [2013]

Natalie Grant - Hurricane (Official Lyric Video)

Colton Dixon - "Never Gone" (Official Lyric Video)

Britt Nicole - All This Time (Lyrics)


Overcomer - Mandisa - Lyrics


Book trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkcU1jBMMZc

Music Video--to Plumb's song "Need You Now":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7MI_3vqyo



Read on for a few of Emma's thoughts:

My inspiration to write Dead Dreams.
We've all been there--at least those of us who are over 21--revving to grow up, the world at our feet, the stars reachable. Wonderful ,wondrous future. But in wanting to get there, we forget to smell the roses, we trample on thorns and we get sorely poked and pricked, and alas, some of the barbs could be poisonous. Except for the Grace that watches over me, over you,  all it might have taken for any of us was that wrong turn, that grabbing of something that looked too good to be passed up, and coupled with a strong desire to make it in life, we might be blinded and grab the adder's tail. That is the story of Dead Dreams; of Brie O'Mara, a good girl, someone who'd never even gotten a traffic ticket, even a Miss Goodie Two-shoes. But, let's face it we can all be tempted, just a tiny bit. And sometimes that's all it takes to have things spin out of control.

Something about me and my family:
We are a homeschooling family living in the Pacific West Coast, otherwise known as California. There are five children in our family although my son is finishing up college after a long homeschool career.I still have four at home and with them and the pets it can get very hectic. Also, my kids have a ton of after-school activities so that turns me into a driver once three o'clock strikes each weekday, and sometimes some weekends, too. Usually I drive till past nine-thirty at night. Never a dull moment in our home.

When I first realized I wanted to be a writer.
I have always enjoyed spinning a yarn for my friends, even from as young as eight years of age. But right after college, and before I had kids, I worked in advertising writing print and Tv ads and I really enjoyed copywriting. Some of my ads actually won awards. I don't even know where I kept those dust collectors! But that was ages ago. I now have five children, ages nine to nineteen. I have four at home now whom I still homeschool. It gets really hectic at our home. We also have many pets, so something is always happening. However despite everything that's happening around me I always think about different plots and story lines whenever i have the time--usually before I doze off after a long day. So, I guess I'd always wanted to be an author. I never really consider one particular point in time when I made that decision. Writing is a part of life--of communicating. It's  just a means to get the stories  from my brain into someone else's head. Think about it, I put some squiggly things, called words, down on paper, and you read them, understand and react/think about these squiggles. And that's writing! Anyone who writes, in a sense is a writer.

What I think makes a good story.
One that has a great voice, a compelling plot yet still has a message--what i call stories that have a soul, imaginative, characters I would probably enjoy meeting, even if I might not personally want them to me my best buddy , or anything. But  most importantly, the story must keep me thinking long after the book has ended.


My next release.
I am  currently writing Keeper of Reign Book 2, titled, "Prisoner of Reign," a Middle Grade/YA adventure fantasy, hopefully out early 2014. Dead Dreams 2 should be out by the end of summer of 2014.

From April 3-6th Dead Dreams will be free to buy. Get yours then.
Buy her books here:
Amazon
Goodreads


Author bio: 
Emma Right is a happy, Christian housewife and homeschool mother of five living in the Pacific West Coast of the USA. Besides running a busy home, and looking after their five pets, which includes two cats, two bunnies and a Long-haired dachshund, she also writes stories for her children. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, she is telling her kids to get theirs in one.

Right worked as a copywriter for two major advertising agencies and won several awards, including the prestigious Clio Award for her ads, before she settled down to have children.

Connect with Emma Right:
http://www.emmaright.com/Home.aspx
Blog: http://www.emmaright.com/Blog.aspx
https://www.facebook.com/emma.right.author
https://www.facebook.com/DeadDreamsEmmaRight
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111644513292318573575/posts
http://pinterest.com/emmaright/
https://twitter.com/emmbeliever
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18396455-dead-dreams

Don't forget!

Dead Dreams will be free from April 3-6th for four days. Both the paperback and the e-book versions are only available on Amazon. Keeper of Reign is available on Amazon, Barnes and noble, and all other major retailers.

Thanks for checking out this author! and blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...