Check out Lisa's latest book: Casting the First Stone
Or keep up with her activities on Facebook
To participate an author invites three other bloggers/writers to join in and post the week after. They provide links to the one who initially invited them and to their own personal participants. Then they answer four questions.
So here goes:
- I always have more than one project going on at a time. This past month I've finished edits on the audio version of The Redemption of Caralynne Haymn. I've also finished edits for a contemporay romantic suspense and ready to send it on to my agent.
- Currently, and my two main projects include: edits on a historical WWII romantic suspense that will release this early fall and finishing book 2 on my cozy mystery series. I'm also lightly plotting book 3 of the same series. Then I will continue to work on other books that I hope to complete shortly.
- Two things I feel set it apart:
Why do I write what I do?
That's an easy one! Because I love suspense and intense topics and real and deep emotions. I enjoy the victory that comes from good overcomes evil; beauty comes from homely; possibles come from impossibilities.
How does your writing process work?
Once I've come up with an idea, I began brainstorming on optional scenes, characters, etc. The opening is critical to me. I believe you have to create something that draws a reader in for the whole book. So here's how it goes, in a general way:
- Get the basic idea of a story
- Decide on basic characters. Create their profiles.
- Plan scenes and possible conflicts (a biggie)
- Create a subplot or two
- Begin working on the opening chapter or two. Where will I start? Will I need a prologue? Will I need anything else before beginning? Maps? Word/characters page?
- Keep plotting/brainstorming as I go. Though I have a general idea of where I want to go, I must continually keep ahead with what logically comes next.
- Continue to work until you type THE END
Join these two great friends in their writing journey on their BLOGS on June 30th here:
Buy her book here:
Buy her books here: