- Sunshine I have always said that Ohio has the best weather of any place in the month of September (which usually extends into October as well.) The main reason is because there is abundant sunshine and low humidity (most days.) That means the sky is a gorgeous blue that I could gaze at all day long.
- Apples. We have a huge apple orchard not too far from our house. People drive from all over to go there, and it’s practically in our backyard. Apple picking is not only fun, it means we’ll have the best, freshest apples that we can only get this time of the year!
- Hammock Time. While we use our backyard hammock in the summer, it’s best in the fall when the air temperature is more comfortable and there aren’t as many pesky insects. Nothing better than a blanket and a book on the hammock!
- Cozy season. Autumn for me brings an urge to nest, settle in, freshen up the house because we’ll be spending more time indoors.
- Pumpkin Everything! I love pumpkin treats from pumpkin lattes to pumpkin muffins. The smell of pumpkin bread or cookies spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg baking in the oven just makes me happy!
Cindy Thomson is the author of seven books, including her newest novel, Sofia’s Tune, the third book in her Ellis Island series, releasing November 1 and available for Kindle pre-order now: http://amzn.to/1NMYaw0.
She also writes genealogy articles for Internet Genealogy and Your Genealogy Today magazines, and short stories for Clubhouse Magazine.
Visit her at:
Web site: www.cindyswriting.com, on
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cindyswriting and on
Isn't her cover awesome? I love the dog on there!