Wednesday, August 24, 2016
The Dog Days of Summer!
We're in the Dog Days of Summer.
Can't deny it.
We go through it every year.
It's a period that begins in late July through the early part of September.
Does it have anything to do with Dogs?
It refers to the dog star--Sirius--and it's position in the heavens.
So what's a person suppose to do when it's hot, hot, hot?
The energy is sapped from your body?
The kids have been trotting off to school all week long!
Here's my thoughts:
1. Be thankful you have another day of life -- hot or not.
2. Stay cool by using cooling units, rest a lot, drink lots of water, eat lighter meals.
3. As much as possible, do the outside chores or your work early in the morning or later in the evening.
4. Plan activities to suit the weather.
Swimming, water sprinklers, and indoor activities are better during the hotter parts of the day.
5. Take advantage of the cooler days to do the things you've put off.
6. Enjoy the summer.
Don't let it go to waste.
Just work with the weather.
Through the rest of summer, have fun, stay smart, and enjoy life!
Welcome to the Story Sparks multi-Author Blog Tour. Between May 21-26, 2018, where readers get a chance to enter and win ebooks from s...
Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day. Ever hear that ditty when you were a child? It rained yesterday, and I was kind of look...
If you know me at all, you know I LOVE mysteries and suspense (with a touch of humor and romance!). So it is with real pleasure that I welco...
"I can write a book." "I have an idea. Can you use it in a book?" "Anyone can write a book." Really? Wha...