Friday, October 05, 2018

Rambling Fridays: Give It Up for Friends!

The Bible declares that Jesus is a friend 
that is closer to us than a brother (or sister...)

“Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend” 

― Albert Camus

Ah, the friend who doesn't mind what the crowd says. 
He's too interested in conversing with you! 


**


“A friend is someone who knows all about you 
and still loves you.” 
― Elbert Hubbard

Now, that's real friendship.
Doesn't matter if you've argued.
Or if you disagree.
Or even dislikes you for a bit.
He/She still loves you just because
you're friends.


**


“It is not a lack of love, 
but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche

When your partner in marriage is not only
a husband/wife, lover, hero, etc.
but also a friend,
then, my friend, you surely have a wonderful marriage!


**


"Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer."
Jean de La Fontaine
As the Bible says, who has found a good woman 
had found a good thing.
So it is with friendship.
True ones come far between and are few in number.
If you're fortunate enough to have gained one,
cherish that friendship.
You may never get another.


Happy weekend, my readers!

1 comment:

Sherry Carter said...

I love this ode to friendship! God has blessed me beyond belief with several very close friends, the closest being my husband. I can't imagine life with out them.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...