Friday, April 08, 2022

Rambling Friday: One Step at a Time

 As those who read my blog have learned, I had covid this winter. 

Hubby and I talked about many things on the phone before I could have visitors in the hospital, and we came to some decisions that we've needed to make for a while. 

One of the decisions we made was to slow down. And when I say that, I mean Hubby wants to semi-retire. Along with that decision comes this one: we want to pick up on our traveling. 

Now what I want you to know, we've traveled a LOT in our marriage, what with ministry and fun vacations, especially with family. But we've allowed ourselves to slow down on the fun things in life because of work. We forgot that all work and little play make the Browns dull people. We were drowning in all work and little play. 


But in the midst of that decision, I also made my own personal decisions. 

* I wanted to downsize, and what I mean by that: I have too much stuff! In storage, I have dish sets I've never used. Etc. Etc. I have things that I've thought about for years: someday I might use these. Really? Why do I have these? Why am I keeping all this stuff? So my family will be burdened with getting rid of it or deciding who wants it? I already know the answer. Sell, give away or trash. Now. I can see myself dusting my hands now...


* Another decision I made was to create heritage books for my two sons. I've wanted to do this for a while, but was always too busy with other things. This year is the year to do it...I made notes once I was able to do so in bed. I talked with hubby asking him questions about his ancestors. Since I've always wanted to do more family research (and I LOVE research), this is one I believe I will enjoy! 


*  One other decision I will list today is stop allowing myself to be stressed over my writing. My style is my style. I don't have to do everything, be involved in everything. So prioritizing is a priority for me. I need to remember that I don't have to write a book (and mine are not novellas) in a month. I can take my time, enjoy the research and the writing and feel fully satisfied when it's ready for publication. I can pick and choose what activities I want to participate in, that pertain to writing. 


 











I can enjoy my talent, my heart's desire, and my very favorite "job" that I've ever had. 



Of course, our decisions may adjust or change. Life happens. But in my heart, I know that we've made some great decisions. For now, that's good enough for me. 






Have you made changes in your life? 

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...