Yep. I said what I mean and I mean what I said.
Take Kindness Number One. The person who automatically slaps you on the back with a kind comment about how well you did speaking. Take a second look at that person. See his gaze wandering off across the room searching for the next person he needs to approach? Feel the way your response sort of rolls off him? Hear the way he moves on as if you aren't really that important in his life?
I've seen it.
Kindness Number Two. This one could be worse. The first one above (if you're a sensitive person) can make you cringe. This one is the type to make a person feel stupid.
This comes from the basic selfish person. He may have money (or not). He may be smart (or not). But this person is after something. He passes out his comments or actions because he expects something in return. If that something doesn't materialize, then he's off to better potential for the returns he's after. It may be something as small as a sly comment meant to look like a compliment just so the unwary will rush forward with a gushing sentence or two about how wonderful "sly person" is.
Don't think this happens? Oh, yes, it does. Seen it, heard it. Been taken by it? Of course. I can be as gullible as the next--sometimes.
But then there's that sincere kindness that can be felt and sensed by the spirit. You don't have to hear a lot of flowery words to feel the empathy that radiates from the person who's there with you--suffering, rejoicing. A common feeling that bonds spirit with spirit. Real. Enduring. Heartfelt.
That's the type of friendships to cultivate.
Valentine's Day is almost here. I came across this somewhat dry humorous list of "the way men think." Guys, if you're reading my blog today, check this out. And don't tell me you don't think some of these things. Gals, this will help you realize how a male's mind works. So . . . take heed!
* Shopping is not a sport; and, no, we're never going to think of it that way.
* When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
* Crying is blackmail.
* Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one: Subtle hints don't work. Just say it!
* We don't know what day it is. We never will. Mark anniversaries on the calendar.
* "Yes" and "No" are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.* If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
* All men see in only 16 colors. Peach is a fruit, not a color.
Kindness always blesses the heart of the giver. Whatever you do, do it with kindness and love. Corinthians