Thursday, June 14, 2007

New and Wonderful!


Don't you just love new things?

I walked outside this morning after a terrific storm last night--and the whole world (mine, anyway) was fresh and clean and beautiful. Gone was the dust and humidity and thirstiness from yesterday. Ah, I love it!

What do I love today that stirs my senses?

  • Today's crisp morning.
  • A house being built--love the smell of wood, the exciting feeling of birthing (a house, of course!), and the way my imagination soars.
  • Babies--all kinds (stirs my maternal-ness. Laugh.)
  • New books in my hands-I can't resist--I have to scan through them before I read them! They teach me in my craft of writing and serve as relaxation.
  • Homemade bread--taste and smell says it all!
  • Seeing my flowers growing--satisfaction!
  • Feeling your excitement in my Father's Day contest!
  • Having one of my sons call me. (Makes me teary-eyed. Yeah, I know I'm sentimental.)
  • Having hubby come up behind me with loves for me. HMMM!
Too many things and too little time. I probably should have added . . . beginning a new novel. Or thinking about writing conference. Or anticipating a new trip this evening. Or finishing my second romance in the career series this weekend! Or . . .




Special Gift Ideas for Dad that are sure to please!
  1. Swiss Army Knife
  2. Bridle Leather Dress Wallet (thinner and trendy, more for the professional)
  3. Fishing Gear
  4. Auto Card Manager (can carry all important cards in one functional and compact device)
  5. Grooming Kit (facial hair scissors, skin care tool, nail file, toenail clipper, etc, etc.)
  6. Watch
  7. Other Sport Equipment




Contest Addendum: Each person can only submit one solution, but you can change your submission before Tuesday, next week (June 19). Just let me know what answer is your final one if you do this.



Quote:
Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is.
In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness;
touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it
because in the last analysis
all moments are key moments and life itself is grace.

--Frederich Buechner


Last blog this week. Have a great weekend. See ya all Tuesday . . .

Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...